Craving pizza? Try making a pizza frittata like Chicken Tikka Masala Frittata. No carby crust in sight!
I’d by no means fairly mastered the approach of constructing a frittata, however lots of my buddies rave about what a fast dinner they are often. Craving pizza and discovering a jar of tikka masala sauce within the fridge inspired me to attempt once more. Hence, this pizza-style Indian frittata recipe was born. It makes a nice brunch or a gentle Sunday night time dinner. Try serving it with a spinach salad with mustard French dressing or steamed cauliflower and broccoli.
General Pizza Frittata Technique
No further tikka masala sauce mendacity round? Use the next approach with any mixture of veggies, protein, cheese, and sauce:
- Sauté fragrant greens like onions, peppers, celery, and garlic in olive oil on the stovetop in an ovenproof skillet.
- Add protein like rooster, turkey pepperoni, or chickpeas.
- Pour in crushed eggs and prepare dinner till set on the underside, utilizing a spatula to enable uncooked eggs to run beneath.
- Top with cheese and sauce.
- Broil till eggs prepare dinner by means of and cheese melts.
If the flavors within the Chicken Tikka Masala Frittata don’t attraction to you, attempt any mixture you want. You can go together with customary pizza toppings like (turkey) pepperoni and (rooster) sausage or veer off into a Mexican route. You can see what Cooking Light suggests or attempt these concepts:
- Shredded rooster, salsa, and cheddar cheese.
- Turkey pepperoni, pasta sauce, and mozzarella.
- Canadian bacon, pineapple tidbits, pasta sauce, and mozzarella.
- Shredded rooster, salsa verde or Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, and Mexican mix cheese.
- Chickpeas, tikka masala sauce, and mozzarella (recipe beneath, substituting chickpeas for rooster).
Please share what toppings you’d like to attempt on pizza frittata!
Chicken Tikka Masala Frittata
Chicken, cheese, and tikka masala sauce served in a pizza-style frittata
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Resting Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Breakfast, Brunch, Main Dishes
frittata, indian frittata, pizza frittata
freshly floor black pepper
diced inexperienced bell pepper or banana pepper
cooked shredded rooster breast
tikka masala sauce
Place rack about 6 inches from warmth and preheat broiler.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with pepper till well-combined. Set apart.
In an Eight-inch ovenproof skillet, warmth oil over medium warmth. Add onions and peppers and prepare dinner, stirring continuously, till the greens have softened, three to 5 minutes. Stir within the rooster, then pour within the eggs, tilting the pan to distribute the eggs evenly within the pan.
As the eggs start to set on the underside, use a spatula to elevate the combination up so the uncooked eggs stream beneath. When the eggs are about midway cooked, scatter the mozzarella on prime and spoon on the sauce. Remove from warmth.
Remove from broiler and let sit for five minutes earlier than slicing into quarters and serving.
For a vegetarian possibility, substitute chickpeas for the rooster.
Nutrition info per serving (1 serving)
Saturated fats: 6g
Polyunsaturated fats: 1g
Monounsaturated fats: 3g
Vitamin A: 13%
Vitamin C: 57%